What you eat has a lot to do with your overall wellness, energy, and fertility health. This is the best way to support yourself to increase your chances of becoming pregnant. It’s certainly not the only thing to do to support your fertility. But, it’s the quickest way to start taking action today.
When supporting your natural fertility health with food, you want to focus on these main tips:
- Only eat easy-to-digest foods.
- From a Chinese medicine perspective, eat foods that are lightly steamed or lightly fried and not raw. The idea here is to make it as easy as possible for your body to break down the foods and redistribute the nutrients to the rest of your body.
- Think soups, stocks, broths, and not salads and smoothies.
- Eat vegetables that are dark, leafy, and/or rich in color.
- Women who are TTC (trying to conceive) need to support their circulation and blood quantity and quality.
- Think beets, kale, spinach, and chard.
- Get protein at every meal and snack.
- Again, keep it easy on your system. So, a good rule of thumb is to eat enough protein the size of the palm of your hand.
- Think chicken, pork, and salmon.
- Stay hydrated.
- Pure, clean water is the best way to stay hydrated. Depending on your weight and climate, you may need 8-10 glasses of water each day.
- Think about keeping a water bottle in your car, on your desk, in front of you at all times. The visual will help remind you to drink.
- Pro-tip: Fill up 16 oz of water at night time and put it on your nightstand. When you wake up, before your feet hit the floor, drink the entire glass. You will feel great starting every day like this.
For more natural fertility tips, join our FREE, private Facebook group:
Also, download our FREE guide: